Wife: Gunjan Walia
Age: 38 Years
|Vikkas Manaktala Vikkas Manaktala - Instagram
|Vikku, Vik Vikkas Manaktala - Instagram
|Playing the role of Amardeep Huda in the TV show Left Right Left (2006) on SAB TV
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)
|- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 33 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|TV: Left Right Left (2006) as Amardeep Huda on SAB TV
|In 2017, Vikas won the award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for the television show Ghulaam (2017) at the Boroplus Gold Awards
|Date of Birth
|10 February 1984 (Friday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Tilak Nagar, New Delhi, India
|Tilak Nagar, New Delhi, India
|Mira Model School, New Delhi
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, New Delhi
|• Bachelor of Commerce The Times of India
• Master of Arts
|Swimming, playing soccer and basketball
|• Attracted controversy for showing unprofessional behaviour on the set
In 2006, reportedly, Vikas stoked controversy for constantly throwing tantrums, picking fights, and requesting unnecessary demands on the sets while shooting for the television show Left Right Left on SAB TV. As per some sources, Vikas used to indulge in arguments with his female co-stars and due to his flaring temper and unprofessional attitude, the shooting was interrupted quite a few times. A source from the set revealed an incident and said that while shooting for a sequence, Vikas was required to wear a particular outfit, but he refused to wear it and asked for his choice of cloth. The shooting was hampered for a few hours following which the production house refused his demand, and he had to shoot the sequence with the assigned outfit.
• Filed an arbitration petition against producers of the show Left Right Left
In April 2008, Vikas Manaktala registered an arbitration petition at the Bombay High Court against Tony Singh and Deeya Singh, the producers of the television show Left Right Left and owners of the production house DJ’s Creative Unit. In his petition, he claimed that he signed a one-year contract with the production house in May 2006 for the show Left Right Left. In May 2007, his contract was renewed, but he was not called to shoot since November 2007. He alleged that he was not able to work with other production houses as he was bound by their contract and claimed that the company has not cleared his dues, which amounted to approximately Rs 28 lakh. On 6 May 2008, the court issued a notice in favour of Vikas in which it was stated that despite the contract with DJ’s Creative Unit, he was liable to work with other production houses.Mumbai Mirror
• Tiff with co-star Aishwarya Sakhuja
Reportedly, in 2014, the TV show Main Naa Bhulungi aired on Sony TV featuring the lead pair Vikas Manaktala and Aishwarya Sakhuja. As per some media sources, while shooting for the show, there were intense arguments between them, which compelled Aishwarya to come up with the decision of quitting the show in between. It was reported that Vikas had disagreements with another female co-actor on the show Nigaar Khan. A close source from the set talked about his behaviour and said,
For the longest time, Vikas couldn’t get work because of his attitude and unprofessionalism. One expected him to be a changed person after so many years, but in vain. He continues to throw tantrums. He tried to guide Nigaar on how to enact her scenes, which didn’t go down well with her. A couple of unit members have quit the show because of him. He is demanding to the extent that he refused to take a regular shower after shooting in the swimming pool. Instead, he halted the shoot by four hours to check out the nearby hotels for shower.” The Times of India
• Feud with his co-star, Niti Taylor
In April 2017, a huge conflict was reported between Vikas Manaktala and his co-star, Niti Taylor, from the television show Ghulam. Reportedly, Niti was not happy with the make-up artist assigned to her, however, Vikas agreed to share his make-up artist with Niti. While shooting for a sequence, the make-up artist attended Vikas first, which offended Niti, and she walked out of the set in anger. While addressing the reporters, Vikas criticised the behaviour shown by Niti and said,
Whatever happened shouldn't have happened. There was no need to complicate things. I initiated a conversation with Niti the next day as I didn't want the quality of the show to suffer. She apologised to me and also decided to render an apology to the producers." DNA
|Relationships & More
|Priyanka Bassi (actor) (2006)
|21 April 2015
|Gunjan Walia (actress)
|Father- Yashpal Manaktala
Mother- Chanchal Manaktala
• Megha Manaktala
• Simmi Manaktala
|Chicken with steamed rice
|Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Rakesh Omprakash Mehra
|Kajol, Aishwarya Rai
- Vikas Manaktala, also spelt as Vikkas Manaktala Vikkas Manaktala – Facebook is an Indian actor, who primarily appears in Hindi television shows. He rose to fame for playing the role of Amardeep Huda in the television show Left Right Left (2006) on SAB TV. Vikas participated in the Hindi television reality show Bigg Boss season 16 as the wild card contestant on Colors TV in December 2022.
- It was speculated that Vikas’s rumoured girlfriend, Priyanka Bassi, who played the role of Naina Singh Ahluwalia in the TV show Left Right Left, met on the set of the show, and while shooting together, they started dating each other. In an interview, Vikas denied the rumours of dating Priyanka and said,
- While completing his graduation, Vikas realised his passion for acting and to pursue his career as an actor, he shifted to Mumbai in 2002, where he began modelling for advertisement campaigns, fashion shows, and print media shoots.
- In 2006, Vikas was nominated for the Fresh New Face – Male award at the Indian Telly Awards for his debut TV show Left Right Left.
- Vikas’s wife, Gunjan Walia was previously married to an actor, Sachin Verma, but they separated in 2009, after a year of marriage. In 2014, Vikas got engaged to Gunjan in the presence of family members in Delhi after being in a relationship for a few months.
- After a leap of five years, in 2013, Vikas appeared in the TV show Main Naa Bhoolungi on Sony TV in which he played the role of Aditya Jagannath.
- In an interview, Vikas said that he received training at the Raigad Military School in Mumbai to prepare for the role of a cadet, Amardeep Huda, in the TV show Left Right Left.
- In March 2014, in an interview, Vikas revealed that after his show Main Naa Bhoolungi went on air on Sony TV, he was compelled by his landlady to vacate the apartment in which he resided since 2012. He said that his landlady was so scared of the character Aditya Jagannath, which he played in the show that she immediately asked him to vacate the premises. The Times of India
- In 2014, Vikas got a degree in the Chinese martial art form Wing Chun.
- In 2016, Vikas played the role of Neel Sharma in the show Yeh Hai Aashiqui on Bindass. In 2017, he appeared as Veer Pratap in the show Ghulaam on Life OK.
- In 2017, during the shoot of the TV show Ghulaam on Life OK, Vikas, who played the role of Veer Pratap, had to shoot a sequence in which he had to hit himself with a whip. To make the scene look more authentic, Vikas, while shooting, whipped himself in real. Later, he got marks all over his upper body and a doctor was called immediately to treat him.
- In 2019, Vikas appeared in the TV shows, Jhansi Ki Rani as Gangadhar Rao on Colors TV, Laal Ishq as Balveer on &TV, and Namah Lakshmi Narayan as Shiva on StarPlus.
- In 2022, Vikas appeared in the Hindi reality show Bigg Boss season 16 as a wild card contestant on Colors TV.
- Vikas has appeared in a few commercials for brands like Maruti Suzuki, Reid & Taylor, starring Amitabh Bachchan, and Videocon, starring Shah Rukh Khan.
- In an interview, Vikas talked about his childhood memories and said that he wanted to become a scientist during his school days.
- Vikas is a fitness enthusiast, and he regularly workouts at the gym to keep himself fit.
- While studying in school, Vikas was inclined towards sports, and he played soccer and basketball at the national level.
- In an interview, Vikas said that before appearing for any examination in school or college, he used to visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in Connaught Place, Delhi, to seek blessings.
- Vikas has a pet dog, Oli Singh, and he often posts pictures of his pet on social media.
- Vikas occasionally enjoys smoking cigars and consuming alcohol at parties and events. In an interview, he revealed that while portraying Lord Shiva in the television show Namah Lakshmi Narayanhe on StarPlus, he quit smoking and alcohol. Patrika