|Full Name||Akshata Murty Sunak|
|Other Name||Akshata Murthy|
|Famous For||Being the daughter of Infosys co-founder, N. R. Narayana Murthy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||Year 1980|
|Age (as in 2019)||39 Years|
|Hometown||Bangalore (now Bengaluru), Karnataka|
|School||Baldwin Girls High School, Bangalore|
|College/University||• Claremont McKenna College, California
• Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, California
• Stanford University Graduate School of Business, California
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts in Economics & French
• Diploma in Apparel Manufacturing Technology
• Master of Business Administration Linkedin
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rishi Sunak (a British politician of British Conservative Party)|
|Marriage Date||30 August 2009|
|Parents||Father- N. R. Narayana Murthy (Co-Founder of Infosys)
Mother- Sudha Murthy (Co-Founder of Infosys Foundation)
|Siblings||Brother- Rohan Murty (Founder of the Murty Classical Library of India)
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 2,790 crore (2018) Financial Express|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akshata Murty
- Akshata Murty is the daughter of Infosys co-founder N. R. Narayana Murthy.
- She was brought up by her grandparents in Hubli; as her parents were struggling with their professional life.
- She completed her schooling in India and pursued her further education from California.
- In 2007, she started working as a marketing director at Tendris, a Dutch cleantech Incubator Fund.
- Akshata and Rishi were MBA classmates, they became good friends and dated for a few years.
- In 2009, they tied a knot at The Ballroom, Leela Palace Hotel, Old Airport Road, Bangalore. It was a very simple wedding which was attended by a few renowned people including Azim Premji, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Anil Kumble, Nandan M Nilekani, Captain G.R. Gopinath, Prakash Padukone, Syed Kirmani, and Girish Karnad.
- In 2009, Akshata started her own clothing line in California. On starting her own business she said in an interview,
I understand that there may be some curiosity around what I’m doing given my parents’ achievements, but I hope that one day this business is able to stand on its own feet and I’m able to speak on its merit rather than anything else. “This is my passion and I couldn’t imagine being engaged in anything else but the business of this venture.”
- In 2013, she started working as the Director of Catamaran Ventures in the UK.
- From 2017, she has been working as a member of the Board of Claremont McKenna College and the San Francisco Exploratorium.
- Akshata is one of the individual shareholders of Infosys owning 0.81 per cent of the shares. Money Control
- Her father wrote a heartwarming letter to her, which was published in Sudha Menon’s “Legacy: Letters from eminent parents to their daughters.” A few lines of the letter are,
Becoming a father transformed me in ways that I could never have thought possible. I could never go back to being the person I used to be before. Your arrival in my life brought unimaginable joy and a larger responsibility. I was no more just a husband, a son, or a promising employee of a fast-growing company. I was a father, who had to measure up to the expectations his daughter would have of him at every stage of her life.”