|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 203 cm
in meters- 2.03 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 8”
|International Debut||ODI- Did not play yet
Test- Did not pay yet
T20- Did not play yet
|Jersey Number||# 70 (Mumbai Indians)|
|Domestic/State Team||Mumbai Indians
|Batting Style||Right hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Left arm fast|
|Date of Birth||May 01, 2000 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||22 Years|
|Birthplace||Klerksdorp, South Africa|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Jacobus Jansen
Mother- Erna Pretorius
|Cricketer||Batsman- Virat Kohli
Bowler- Mitchell Johnson
|Net Worth (approx.)||20 Lakhs INR https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-series/ipl-2021/auction/players/14565|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Marco Jansen
- Marco Jansen is a South-African cricketer, who plays as an all-rounder for the North West side in the domestic league, and franchise cricket for Mumbai Indian in the IPL.
- On 8th April 2018, Marco Jansen made his List-A debut for North West in the 2017–18 CSA Provincial One-Day Challenge followed by a First-class debut for North West in 2018–19 CSA 3-Day Provincial Cup on 11 October 2018.
- Marco Jansen has a twin brother Duan Jansen, who has played for North West in the 2017–18 CSA Provincial One-Day Challenge.
- During a U-9s school cricket match, Marco Jansen’s father Jacobus Jansen, who was a rugby union player for Free State Cheetahs, discovered his son’s special talent, which he recalls as -:
Marco opened the batting. It was small boys, so they were playing only 20 overs each, and he scored 164 not out, And Duan came in at No. 4 and scored over 80. I realised that for a little boy of nine years old to concentrate for 20 overs and score 164, he’s got to have a special talent; both of them. So I explored that.We usually went to the nets. I trained them there, bowled to them, taught them some techniques. They were talented, I saw that, and I knew that they are going to be all right in the cricket scenery.”
- Marco Jansen, who is almost seven feet tall bowls at around 140- 142 kph and can contribute with his bat, which is why he is considered a serious talent in the South African domestic circuit.
- Marco Jansen and his brother Duan Jansen bowled to Virat Kohli in nets during team India’s tour of South Africa in the 2017-18 season
- Marco Jansen was also a net bowler to India-A that toured to South Africa in 2017, where he bowled to players like Manish Pandey, Karun Nair, Abhinav Mukund, Shreyas Iyer, and Ishan Kishan under the watchful eyes of then India-A team cricket coach Rahul Dravid.
- He picked up 27 wickets in six matches for his side North West in the 2018-19 CSA 3-Day Provincial Cup and was a leading wicket-taker in the competition.
- Marco Jansen has played 12 matches in First-class cricket picking up 52 wickets at an average of 20.51 and a strike rate of 37.8 and 13 matches in List-A cricket picking up 16 wickets.
- In January 2019, Marco Jansen was included in South Africa U-19 squad for a tour in India.
- Marco Jansen received a call-up from the South Africa national team that was on tour to Pakistan based upon his performance in First-class cricket. However; he didn’t make his test debut for his national side.
- Marco Jansen was bought by Mumbai Indians for a base price of 20 lakhs INR at IPL auction. Mumbai Indian has a history of scouting raw talents and turning them into big-game players with names like Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah, who rose through their ranks in the squad and went on to become first-team regulars.
- Zaheer Khan, Mumbai Indians director of cricket operations, while talking about surprise buy Marco Jansen in an interview said-:
The youngster Marco (Jansen) has been a very highly rated bowler in South Africa. We were actually surprised to see him go at such a low price. We were expecting some more bidding around him”
- Mumbai Indians owner Akash Ambani also talked about Marco Jansen and their scouting program in an interview, where he told-:
We have been tracking him for the past two years. We’ve been having an international scout program put in the place in the last few years like we have had an Indian scout program. This year he was in the Test squad going to Pakistan. We had a quiet word with Quinny (Quinton de Kock) and he said ‘you have to go for him, he is completely ready now’,”
- Marco Jansen after signing for Mumbai Indians became the tallest player in the IPL history.
- Marco Jansen made his debut for Mumbai Indians against Royal Challengers Bangalore at M. A. Chidambaram Stadium. He gave away 13 runs in his first over but made a comeback in his third over, where he picked up Glenn Maxwell‘s wicket and Shahbaz Ahmed‘s wicket later in the match.
D💣UBLE TR💣UBLE 😎
— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) April 9, 2021
- Mumbai Indians lost the opening match against Royal Challengers Bangalore but Marco Jansen’s performance was applauded with figures 2-28 off his four-over spell on his debut.
Well done tonight Marco Jansen!
May have lost but you can be very proud 👊👊👊
— Dale Steyn (@DaleSteyn62) April 9, 2021