Age: 33 Years
Husband: Sanket Bhosale
|Profession(s)||Comedian, Playback Singer, Anchor|
|Famous Role||‘Vidyavati’ (teacher) in the stand-up comedy and talk show “The Kapil Sharma Show” (2016)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film: Heropanti (2014) as Shalu
TV: The Great Indian Laughter Challenge: Season 4 (2008)
Song: “Zor Naache” and “Ishq Ki Dafli Baje” from the Bollywood film 'Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal' (2012)
|Date of Birth||23 May 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|School||Rabindra Day Boarding Senior Secondary Public School, Jalandhar|
|College/University||• Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
• Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Masters in Music
• Doctorate in Music The Hindu
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sanket Bhosale (Comedian & Doctor)
|Marriage Date||26 April 2021
|Parents||Father- Santosh Mishra
Mother- Savita Mishra (School Principal)
|Siblings||Brother- Shivam Mishra
Sister- Ankita (Elder)
|Actor(s)||Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan|
|Actress(es)||Priyanka Chopra, Sharmila Tagore|
|Musician(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, A.R. Rahman, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal|
|Song||Main Tenu Samjhawan Ki by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Restaurant Chain||Barbeque Nation|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sugandha Mishra
- Sugandha Mishra is an Indian singer, comedian, and anchor who rose to fame after participating in the reality TV show “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.”
- Sugandha belongs to a family from the Indore Gharana. Mishra is the fourth generation of her family who is into singing.
- She was inclined towards music from a very young age. At the age of 3, she recited a poem and danced in front of Kaifi Azmi (Poet), father of Shabana Azmi. It was her first stage performance.
- She got trained in classical music from her grandfather, Pt. Shankar Lal Mishra (Disciple of Ustaad Amir Khan Sahib), in childhood.
- When she was 12 years old, she participated in Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, a classical music competition, and received first prize from Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma.
- After completing her post-graduation, Mishra started receiving offers to work as a lecturer from various colleges. However, she didn’t want to get into that profession and declined all the offers.
- She began her career as a radio jockey with 92.7 BIG FM.
- Next, she started singing jingles, bhajans, and songs for various plays, documentaries, and short films.
- In 2008, Sugandha appeared in the Indian reality TV show “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge: Season 4” as a participant. She was one of the finalists of the show.
- Subsequently, she participated in the singing reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar” (2010).
- Sugandha has worked in many comedy shows like “Comedy Circus Ke Taansen” (2011), “Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan” (2011), “Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe” (2011), and “The Drama Company” (2018).
- She became very popular after playing the role of ‘Vidyavati (Teacher)” in Sony TV’s “The Kapil Sharma Show” (2016).
- As a singer, she has lent her voice to the songs like “Tu Hass Le” from the film ‘Shree’ (2013). She has also released her music albums like “Us Ladke Se Mohabbat Hai” (2016), “Chori Chori” (2018), “Kinna Sohna” (2018), “Challa” (2018), and “Loye Loye” (2018).
- She also hosted TV shows like “The Voice India – Season 2” (2016) and “Taare Zameen Par” (2020).
- Whenever she is free, she likes to sing, dance, and travel.
- Mishra is well-known for her mimicry of the famous singer Lata Mangeshkar. She learned the art of mimicry from her mother and brother.
- While pursuing her Masters from the Guru Nanak Dev University in Amritsar, the ace Indian comedian Kapil Sharma was her senior.
- Reportedly, it was Kapil Sharma who recommended Sugandha to participate in the reality TV show “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge,” which changed her life completely.
- Her followers address Sugandha Mishra and her fiance, Sanket Bhosale, together as ‘Suket.’
- Sugandha has endorsed health and beauty brands like Seer Secrets on her Instagram account.
- In 2019, she won the TIIFA Award for “Entertainer of the Year.”
- She loves dogs and has a pet dog.
- Sugandha is very particular about her fitness and does yoga to keep herself fit.
- Sugandha was rumoured to be dating Sanket Bhosale (comedian) since 2017. However, she denied it for long. On 18 April 2021, Sugandha announced her engagement with Sanket through an Instagram post. The post was captioned, ‘Forever with a ring and a heart emoji.’
View this post on Instagram
- On 19 April 2021, Sugandha made a post on Instagram announcing that she would tie the knot with Sanket Bhosale on 26 April 2021.
View this post on Instagram