Death Cause: Multiple Organ Failure
Age: 71 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Jawab Hum Denge (1987) as 'ulkarni'
TV: Nukkad (1986) as 'Khopadi'
|Last Film||Pataakha (2018) as Sarpanch
|Last TV Series||Sanjivani (2019-2020) on StarPlus as 'Guddu Mathur'
|Last Web Series||Sunflower (2021) on Zee5 as 'Mr Tondon'
|Date of Birth||9 August 1952 (Saturday)|
|Date of Death||15 March 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Place of Death||MM Hospital in Borivali, Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||71 Years|
|Death Cause||Multiple organ failure The Economic Times|
|Hobbies||Travelling and writing|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||He had a younger brother named Ganesh Khakhar.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Sameer Khakhar
- Sameer Khakhar was an Indian actor, who worked predominantly in the Hindi film industry. He was known for playing the role of Khopdi in DD National’s 1986 TV show ‘Nukkad.’
- Sameer Khakhar was a notable name in the Hindi Film Industry.
- He started his acting career in the 80s. He had worked in many theatrical productions before making his debut on TV and in films.
- He made his television debut with the 1986 serial “Nukkad;” which was aired on Doordarshan. He played the character of “Khopdi” in the serial, which is also considered as his iconic role.
- In 1987, he did a Kannada film “Pushpaka Vimana” along with Kamal Haasan, Ramya Krishnan, Amala Akkineni, Farida Jalal, and others. It was a silent (dialogue-free) movie and Sameer Khakhar got a Khiopgreat appreciation for his role in the film.
- Apart from Nukkad, he had been a part of several television serials including Manoranjan (1987), Circus (1989), Naya Nukkad (1993), and Adaalat (2013).
- In 1994, he worked in the Hindi comedy melodrama film ‘Raja Babu’ starring Govinda and Karisma Kapoor in which he played the role of Amavas. In 1996, he worked in the Hindi film ‘Return of jewel Thief’ starring Dev Anand and Ashok Kumar in which he played the role of a cameraman. He worked in the 2017 Hindi romantic comedy film ‘Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi.’
- After working in many Hindi films and TV shows, he took a break from acting and moved to the USA. According to sources, he worked there as a Java developer; however, he lost his job in 2008. Later, he came back to India and began to act again. Reportedly, he worked in 3 Gujarati theatrical productions.
- In 2009, he played the role of Saurabh Bhai in Imagine TV’s soap opera “Bandini.” The show was produced by Ekta Kapoor.
- As a Bollywood actor, he worked in many Hindi films such as Shahenshah (1988), Parinda (1989), Awwal Number (1990), Baarish (1991), Dilwale (1994), Eena Meena Deeka (1994), Raja Babu (1994), Agni Morcha (1997), Jai Ho (2014), Wassup Zindagi (2017), and others.
- In his long career, he worked with several well-known Bollywood stars including Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda, Amrish Puri, Dharmendra, Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Jackie Shroff, Nana Patekar, Salman Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Raveena Tandon, Ajay Devgan, Johnny Lever, and more.
- In May 2017, he did a TV Ad for Cricbuzz mobile app along with Lopamudra Raut.
- In 2018, he played the role of Pandurang Sharma in YouTube’s short film ‘Purana Pyaar.’
- In 2021, he appeared in Zee5’s black comedy web series ‘Sunflower’ in which he played the role of Mr Tondon.