|Profession(s)||Film Director, Film Producer, Action Choreographer, Actor, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year- 1942|
|Age (At the time of Death)||77 years|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, British India|
|Date of Death||27 May 2019|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Death Cause||Age-related health issues|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||As a Stuntman: Anita (1967)
As an Action Choreographer: Roti Kapada Aur Makaan (1974)
As an Actor: Sourabh (1979)
As a Producer: Dil Kya Kare (1999)
As a Director: Hindustan Ki Kasam (1999 film)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Sports|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Immortal Memories Award
• Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Wife/Spouse||Veena Devgan (Film Producer)
|Children||Son(s)- Ajay Devgan (Actor)
Anil Devgan (Director)
Daughter(s)- Neelam Devgan, Kavita Devgan
Daughter-in-Law- Kajol (Actress)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Veeru Devgan
- Did Veeru Devgan smoke?: Not Known
- Did Veeru Devgan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in Amritsar, Punjab, India.
- In 1957, at the age of 14, he left Amritsar and moved to Bombay (now, Mumbai) along with his friends with a dream of becoming successful and famous.
- They took a train to Mumbai but didn’t buy tickets. Consequently, the whole squad was caught by the police at Virar Station. The police took them to the Magistrate, where, they were told to pay the whole fine or to spend a week in the lock-up as compensation. Due to the lack of money, they had to spend a week in the prison.
- After spending a week in the jail, finally, they reached Mumbai. There, they realized that life is not that easy as they were assuming. Soon, his friends returned back to Amritsar but he didn’t. He did many jobs from car cleaner to carpenter.
- After earning some money from those jobs, he started walking around the different film studios to make his career in the Hindi Film Industry. But, suddenly he realized that acting wasn’t for him. He had to do something else in the same industry.
- Then, he started learning martial arts. He began his journey as a Bollywood stuntman with the film “Anita.” With his appreciable work as a stuntman, soon, he became an Action Choreographer.
- His first film as an Action Choreographer was “Roti Kapada Aur Makaan” (1974). Manoj Kumar was the person who gave him this break.
- He has worked as a stuntman for many Bollywood celebrities including Dilip Kumar, Vinod Khanna, Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna, Jeetendra, and others.
- He has worked as a Stunt Coordinator for more than 80 Bollywood movies such as Mr. India, Lal Baadshah, Prem Granth, Khoon Bhari Maang, Boxer, Shahenshah, Dilwale, Jigar and more.
- In his long career, he has also tried acting in the films including Sourabh (1979) and Kranti (1981).
- In 1992, he wrote the script for the film “Jigar.” The movie starred Ajay Devgan, Karisma Kapoor, Aruna Irani, Gulshan Grover, Paresh Rawal, and others.