Lekha Gupta Height, Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Married
Education: MBA In Finance
|Full name||Swarnalekha Gupta Linkedin|
|Profession(s)||Makeup Artist and Hairstylist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: She was the makeup artist of Bollywood actress Daisy Shah for the movie Jai Ho (2014).|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won Emerging Celebrity Makeup and Beauty Expert Award by Burda Media India and AsiaSpa India
• Won AspiringShe award for the most talented celebrity makeup artist
|Date of Birth||2 August (Year Not Known)|
|School||La Martiniere for Girls School, Kolkata|
|College/University||University of Calcutta|
|Educational Qualification||MBA in Finance and Financial Management Services LinkedIn|
|Hobbies||Kick boxing, Pottery|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Makeup Brands||Bobbi Brown, Armani, Tom Ford Beauty, M.A.C, Lancôme, Anastasia Beverly Hills|
|Makeup Products||Mascara, Eyebrow pencil, Kajal and Lip Gloss.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lekha Gupta
- Lekha Gupta is an Indian celebrity makeup artist who is famous for different makeup looks of Bollywood actresses like Madhuri Dixit and Kiara Advani. She has a degree of MBA in finance and has worked in ICICI Prudential AMC Ltd (a mutual fund company) for 7 years before making a career in the beauty industry as a professional makeup artist. She was born in Kolkata but shifted to Mumbai after her marriage. Her signature makeup look is the ‘smokey eye’ look.
- She loves colours, when she was in her young age she loved to play with her mother’s makeup kit. While she was working at ICICI Prudential AMC Ltd, she loved to experiment and play with makeup products. According to her, everyone around her loved her makeup she wore on herself and that is when she decided to leave her corporate job to follow her passion for makeup.
- In 2009, she decided to leave her corporate job to make a career in the beauty industry as a professional makeup artist. She pursued a short term course with Cory Wallia who was known for his master skills in the field of makeup during that time in Mumbai. Later, she went to Singapore to further study makeup artistry from Makeup For Ever Academy for a professional makeup course of the duration of 3 months.
- In 2011, she got her first project as a makeup artist for India Resort Fashion Week. In 2012, she got her second project and worked for Kingfisher Calendar Hunt 2012. Her big break was when she was invited to work at Femina Miss India 2012. Lekha Gupta’s first project for a film as a makeup artist was for a Bengali film which was shot in Thailand.
- She is a freelance makeup artist and is not associated with any Bollywood production house or a celebrity personally. In an interview with Femina, she was asked about the struggles she faced when she was a newcomer to the makeup industry, to this she replied,
The challenge was that being a newcomer, everyone wanted to negotiate and bargain when it came to money. So, while I started getting work assignments, the money bit was something I had to figure. I would end up putting my own money to purchase quality products because that was something I did not want to compromise on. At the same time, carrying this balance was difficult and this situation did last for a long period. Other things like empanelment with the respective union/federation were also new to me. I was not aware of these problems. Now, however, I have gone through it all have and have also managed to get a grip on it.
- According to Lekha Gupta, if she didn’t choose the field of makeup and hairstyling then she would have opened a school for abled children and own an animal shelter to help the animals who are in need of proper medical services and care. She is an animal lover and also has 2 pet cats at her home.
- She has worked with many Bollywood celebrities such as Kiara Advani, Madhuri Dixit, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Bruna Abdullah, Alia Bhatt, Parineeti Chopra, Aditi Rao Hydari and many more. Her dream is to work with Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone.
- She is the host of a talk-show titled as ‘Vanity Diaries’ which is presented by Amazon Beauty, the talk-show includes Lekha Gupta as she questions various famous celebrity actresses and discusses the insights of the vanity van of the actresses.
- In an interview, she was asked about her future plans in reference to her career, to which she replied that she wants to start her own makeup brand in which the products will be animal cruelty-free. She also expressed her views to start a makeup academy where she can teach the newcomers her skills of makeup.
- Lekha Gupta along with her colleagues organized a master class of makeup, hair styling and fashion styling during the nationwide lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic. The masterclass included Lekha Gupta celebrity makeup artist, Eka Lakhani (an Indian fashion costume designer), Hiral Bhatia (an Indian celebrity hairstylist).
- She has worked as a makeup artist in the famous Bollywood movies such as Kabir Singh (2019), Good Newwz (2019), Kalank (2019), Total Dhamal (2019), Bucket List (Marathi) (2018), Bharat Ane Nenu (Telugu) (2018) and many more.
- According to Lekha Gupta, the most essential product for skin is sunscreen, and other than that her basic makeup essentials are products by Bobbi Brown and Armani Silk foundations which she carries in her makeup bag always.
- She loves to learn different types of creative art forms such as painting, pottery etc. She occasionally posts artwork made by her on her Instagram account.