|Full name||Mehak Oberoi Twitter|
|Profession(s)||Makeup Artist and Hairstylist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Best Makeup Artist of the Year in 2020
• Won Vogue Beauty Award for Best Makeup Artist of the Year in 2020
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as of 2020)||Not Known|
|College/University||Pearl Academy, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma course in Fashion Media Makeup idiva|
|Tattoo(s)||Mehak has a tattoo on her right arm.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27 December 2020 (Sunday)
|Husband/Spouse||Manish Shah (Businessman)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Jyoti Oberoi (fashion designer, owns a brand name Pirohi)
|Siblings||Sister- Name Not Known|
|Makeup Artist(s)||Hollywood- Pat McGrath, Valerie Gallant and Peter Philips
Bollywood- Anil Chinnappa, Puneet B Saini, Daniel Bauer
|Makeup Product(s)||Lip and Cheek tints by Benefit, Face Powder by Maybelline, Inglot Lip pencil Lancome Oscillation mascara, Mac Eyebrow Mascara|
|Makeup Brand||Bobbi Brown Beauty|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mehak Oberoi
- Does Mehak Oberoi drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Mehak Oberoi is an Indian celebrity makeup artist who is well known for the makeup looks she created for Bollywood actresses such as Tara Sutaria, Sonakshi Sinha, Malaika Arora, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Nora Fatehi, and many others. She has shown her master skills in various Bollywood movies, magazine cover shoots, red carpet looks, and Hindi TV commercials.
- According to Mehak Oberoi, she considers her best work to be the underwater makeup she did on a model while she worked with Arjun Mark (photographer) for an underwater photo-shoot. The photograph won Lucie Award NYC in 2017. Instagram The Peacock Magazine
- According to her she was an average student in school and suffered from dyslexia and ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), she was always influenced by the fashion industry and wanted to make a career in hairstyling. In an interview with Femina magazine, she said,
Academically I was never really a bright student, and I discovered I was suffering from dyslexia and ADD really late. However, I was always street smart. At first, I wanted to become a hairstylist because I used to always get my hair cut at salons like Hakim’s Aalim or Mad O Wat ever since I was a kid and I was intrigued by the profession. I thought it had a cool vibe. Unfortunately, I couldn’t bring myself to learn cut and colour so my mom suggested that I learn makeup.
- She belongs to a Delhi-based business class family. She wanted to study makeup artistry from a foreign university/college but she was not permitted by her father because he thought she was not serious about her career in the field of makeup and fashion. In 2007, she enrolled herself in Pearl Academy, Delhi to study for a diploma course in fashion media makeup. After completing her course she joined Inglot Cosmetics and started working in the retail department but didn’t stay in that job for long.
- In 2010, she worked with famous makeup artist Renuka Pillai as her assistant. She started doing freelance work along with her job as an assistant to Renuka. She has also worked with Kapil Bhalla’s (makeup artist) team for various fashion events. Later, she was approached by news channel Aaj Tak to do the makeup of TV anchors.
- Her first project in Bollywood was with actress Chitrangada Singh for a one-day shoot, after that she was booked for 16 days for Chitrangada Singh. According to Mehak her biggest break in Bollywood industry was when she was approached by the manager of Anushka Sharma to do her makeup for a photo shoot. In an interview she said,
As for the glamour world, I realised it was for me when I got a call from Anushka Sharma’s manager early in my career. It was the start of my professional journey as a make-up artist.
- She works with an agency titled Elite Clientele which provides Mehak with clients and projects. Her list of clients includes various Bollywood celebrities names such as Gauri Khan, Sonam K Ahuja, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Malaika Arora.
- Although she has worked with many celebrities, it is her dream to work with famous Hollywood stars like Oprah Winfrey and Victoria Beckham, and from Bollywood Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra Jonas.
- Mehak loves to play cards, and gamble occasionally during festive seasons and get-togethers. In an interview, she mentioned that she acquainted with her husband Manish Shah for the first time in a Diwali party. In an interview with Vogue, she talked about the first meet with her husband,
It’s so strange, we have been going to the same Diwali party at Aastha [Sharma’s] house for years, but our paths never crossed or we went unnoticed by the other. However, last year, we ended up gambling together at the same table. I have always loved the traditional taash parties, but never knew many people in Mumbai who were as passionate about it as me. We ended up playing and talking together for hours and he invited me to his house for another party. I remember insisting to my friends back then that we were just going to take it ahead as friends.”